Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 3

Sunday- Went for a 40 minute run outside. I'm working on my breathing, to try and not get anymore side-aches.

Monday- We went for a family bike ride. Greg's training to go on a weekend trip next month with the boys called Dirt-Fest where they ride all over Raystown lake. This ride turned out to be very beneficial because we rode by the Hatfield Community Garden that we didn't know existed.  Now we have a 20x20 garden plot for the whole season. We are very excited to get planting!!!!

Wednesday- Kristy and I went to the pool. This was our/her first time so I taught her some stroke technics and helped her with breathing. She did very well! I think after a few more times she should be able to start training and working up her distance. I did laps here and there while helping Kristy and at the end swam an 800 meter straight, just to keep up my swimming. I think swimming should go okay for me. I'm just going to work to maintain it and really focus on the running and biking :)

This week I also committed to try a Vegan Diet for 30 days. Vegan is a plant based diet with no animal products. I've been researching this diet and learning about all the benefits. My hope is that not only will it help me lose weight but it will give me more energy! I found some really good recipes on the Whole Foods website that i've been making, which everyone has been enjoying! I also have been keeping track of everything I eat on my Iphone app, LoseIt. It gives me nutritional facts for my day so I can make sure that I'm getting enough protein. So far it's been great and I feel great besides all the gas! But they say that passes, no pun intended ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment